Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics
- 1990 study of orthodontic diagnosis and treatment procedures; part 1: results and trends.J Clin Orthod. 1991; 25: 145-156
- Contemporary trends in orthodontic practice: a national survey.Am J Orthod Dentofac Orthop. 1993; 103: 163-170
- Forty year review of extraction frequencies at a university orthodontic clinic.Angle Orthod. 1994; 64: 407-414
- Leeway space and the resolution of crowding in the mixed dentition.Semin Orthod. 1995; 1: 188-194
- The effect of a lip bumper on lower dental arch dimensions and tooth positions.Eur J Orthod. 1995; 17: 129-134
- Skeletodental changes in the adolescent accruing from the use of the lip bumper.Angle Orthod. 1994; 64: 13-22
- Mandibular arch perimeter changes with lip bumper treatment.Am J Orthod Dentofac Orthop. 1991; 99: 527-532
- Lip bumper therapy for gaining arch length.Am J Orthod Dentofac Orthop. 1991; 100: 330-336
- Study of the lip bumper.J Dent Res. 1970; 49: 677
- Effects of muscular anchorage appliance on deficient mandibular arch length.Am J Orthod. 1971; 60: 68-74
- The effect of the mandibular lip bumper and maxillary bite plate on tooth movement, occlusion and space condition in the lower dental arch.Eur J Orthod. 1980; 2: 257-265
- Nonextraction treatment.J Clin Orthod. 1983; 17: 396-413
- Buccal shield appliance for mandibular arch expansion.J Clin Orthod. 1988; 22: 588-590
- Palatal bar and lip bumper in nonextraction treatment.J Clin Orthod. 1985; 19: 272-291
- A lip activated appliance in early orthodontic treatment.J Am Dent Assoc. 1985; 111: 771-774
- A technique for measurement of intraoral lip pressures with lip bumper therapy.Am J Orthod Dentofac Orthop. 1991; 99: 409-417
- A cephalometric study of the clinical use of the mandibular lip bumper.Am J Orthod. 1972; 61: 578-602
- Effects of the lip bumper appliance on the mandibular first molars.([Thesis.]) University of Minnesota, Minneapolis1971
- A method of harnessing lip pressure to move teeth.Am Soc Study Orthod. 1963; 1: 16-35
- Forces produced by lip bumpers on mandibular molars.Am J Orthod Dentofac Orthop. 1997; 111: 518-524
- Variability in lip adaptation to changes in incisor position.J Dent Res. 1968; 47: 537-547
- Pressure from the lips on the teeth and malocclusion.Am J Orthod Dentofac Orthop. 1986; 90: 234-242
- A study of pressures exerted by the lips and cheeks on the teeth of subjects with normal occlusion.Arch Oral Biol. 1964; 9: 469-478
- A study of pressures exerted by the lips and cheeks on the teeth of subjects with Angle's Class II division 1, Class II division 2, and Class III malocclusions compared with those of subjects with normal occlusions.Arch Oral Biol. 1968; 13: 527-541
- The value of clinical lip strength measurements.Am J Orthod. 1981; 80: 496-507
- Buccolingual muscle force and dental arch form.Am J Orthod. 1969; 56: 379-393
- The developmental basis of occlusion and malocclusion.in: Quintessence Publishing Co, Chicago1983: 164
- A study in the development of an electronic technique to measure the forces exerted on the dentition by the perioral and lingual musculature.Am J Orthod. 1956; 42: 645-657
- Forces exerted on the dentition by the perioral and lingual musculature during swallowing.Angle Orthod. 1958; 28: 226-235
- Recent findings in myometric research.Angle Orthod. 1962; 32: 38-43
- Maximum forces exerted by the dentition by the perioral and lingual musculature.J Am Dent Assoc. 1957; 55: 646-651
- The pressure exerted on the maxillary and mandibular central incisors by the perioral and lingual musculature in acceptable occlusion.Am J Orthod. 1958; 44: 64-65
- A method of measuring forces acting on the teeth from the lips, cheeks and tongue.Br Dent J. 1962; 112: 235-242
- Intraoral pressures in a young adult group.J Dent Res. 1964; 43: 555-562
- Equilibrium theory revisited: factors influencing position of the teeth.Angle Orthod. 1978; 48: 175-186
☆From the Department of Orthodontics, University of Oklahoma.
★bProfessor and Chairman.
★★cFormerly Assistant professor.
♢Reprint requests to: Dr. Ram S. Nanda, Department of Orthodontics, University of Oklahoma, PO Box 26901, 1001 S.L. Young Blvd., Oklahoma City, OK 73190.