- •Overview and comparison of methods to accelerate orthodontic tooth movement.
- •Pulsed electromagnetic field (PEMF), a device assisted method that can be used for accelerating orthodontic tooth movement, has been reviewed in detail.
- •Application of a removable appliance for orthodontic acceleration.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics
- Factors influencing treatment time in orthodontic patients.Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2006; 129: 230-238
- The effectiveness of corticotomy and piezocision on canine retraction: a systematic review.Korean J Orthod. 2018; 48: 200-211
- Effects of human relaxin on orthodontic tooth movement and periodontal ligaments in rats.Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2007; 131: 8.e1-8.e10
- Evidence-based use of pulsed electromagnetic field therapy in clinical plastic surgery.Aesthet Surg J. 2009; 29: 135-143
- Repair of non-unions by pulsing electromagnetic fields.Acta Orthop Belg. 1978; 44: 706-724
- Pulsed electromagnetic stimulation in nonunion of tibial diaphyseal fractures.Indian J Orthop. 2009; 43: 156-160
- Treatment of nonunion using pulsed electromagnetic fields: a retrospective follow-up study.Acta Orthop Belg. 1990; 56: 483-488
- Effects of different extremely low-frequency electromagnetic fields on osteoblasts.Electromagn Biol Med. 2007; 26: 167-177
- Pulsing electromagnetic field treatment in ununited fractures and failed arthrodeses.JAMA. 1982; 247: 623-628
- Pulsed electromagnetic fields stimulation affects osteoclast formation by modulation of osteoprotegerin, RANK ligand and macrophage colony-stimulating facto.J Orthop Res. 2005; 23: 1308-1314
- Underlying signaling pathways and therapeutic applications of pulsed electromagnetic fields in bone repair.Cell Physiol Biochem. 2018; 46: 1581-1594
- The effect of pulsed electromagnetic fields on the acceleration of tooth movement.World J Orthod. 2010; 11: e52-e56
- Effect of pulsed electromagnetic fields on orthodontic tooth movement.Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 1987; 91: 91-104
- Rabbit bone behavior after orthodontic and pulsed low-frequency electromagnetic field treatments.Electro- and Magnetobiology. 1998; 17: 87-98
- Examination of extremely low frequency electromagnetic fields on orthodontic tooth movement in rats.Biotechnol Biotechnol Equip. 2014; 28: 118-122
All authors have completed and submitted the ICMJE Form for Disclosure of Potential Conflicts of Interest, and none were reported.