- •Dental Monitoring reduced the number of in-office visits by 3.5 visits (33.1%).
- •Duration to the first refinement was 1.69 months less in the Dental Monitoring group.
- •Differences in the accuracy of achieving predicted tooth movement was insignificant.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics
- Effectiveness and efficiency in clinical orthodontic practice.Int Orthod. 2015; 13: 507-524
- Up in the Air: orthodontic technology unplugged!.APOS Trends Orthod. 2017; 7: 1-5
- Self-ligating brackets in orthodontics a systematic review.Angle Orthod. 2010; 80: 575-584
- Orthodontic treatment efficiency with self-ligating and conventional edgewise twin brackets: a prospective randomized clinical trial.Angle Orthod. 2012; 82: 929-934
- Effectiveness and efficiency of a CAD/CAM orthodontic bracket system.Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2015; 148: 1067-1074
- Scope of treatment with periodontally accelerated osteogenic orthodontics therapy.Semin Orthod. 2015; 21: 176-186
- An evidence-based analysis of periodontally accelerated orthodontic and osteogenic techniques: A synthesis of scientific perspectives.Semin Orthod. 2008; 14: 305-316
- Accelerated orthodontic treatment—what’s the evidence?.Aust Dent J. 2017; 62: 63-70
- Interventions for accelerating orthodontic tooth movement: a systematic review.Angle Orthod. 2013; 83: 164-171
- Acceleration of tooth movement during orthodontic treatment: a frontier in orthodontics.Prog Orthod. 2013; 14: 42
- Treatment complexity index for assessing the relationship of treatment duration and outcomes in a graduate orthodontics clinic.Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2008; 133: 9.e1-9.e13
- Predictors for Class II treatment duration.Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2005; 127: 293-300
- Efficacy of clear aligners in controlling orthodontic tooth movement: a systematic review.Angle Orthod. 2015; 85: 881-889
- Factors affecting the duration of orthodontic treatment: a systematic review.Eur J Orthod. 2008; 30: 386-395
- Remote monitoring and ”Tele-orthodontics”: concept, scope and applications.Semin Orthod. 2018; 24: 470-481
- Accuracy of a smartphone-based orthodontic treatment–monitoring application: A pilot study.Angle Orthod. 2019; 89: 727-733
- The assessment of rapid palatal expansion using a remote monitoring software.J World Fed Orthod. 2019; 8: 165-170
- Accuracy of Dental Monitoring 3D digital dental models using photograph and video mode.Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2019; 156: 420-428
- Reliability and accuracy of a novel photogrammetric orthodontic monitoring system [thesis].Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, CA2018
- Registration of orthodontic digital models.Craniofac Growth Ser. 2011; 48: 377-391
- How accurate is Invisalign in nonextraction cases? Are predicted tooth positions achieved?.Angle Orthod. 2017; 87: 809-815
- Accuracy in tooth positioning with a fully customized lingual orthodontic appliance.Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2011; 140: 433-443
- Effectiveness of computer-assisted orthodontic treatment technology to achieve predicted outcomes.Angle Orthod. 2013; 83: 557-562
- Accuracy of digital predictions with CAD/CAM labial and lingual appliances: a retrospective cohort study.Semin Orthod. 2018; 24: 393-406
- How well does Invisalign work? A prospective clinical study evaluating the efficacy of tooth movement with Invisalign.Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2009; 135: 27-35
- Accuracy of invisalign® treatments in the anterior tooth region. First results.J Orofac Orthop/Fortschr Kieferorthop. 2011; 72: 141-149
- Usefulness of an app in improving oral hygiene compliance in adolescent orthodontic patients.Angle Orthod. 2016; 86: 101-107
- Influence of active reminders on oral hygiene compliance in orthodontic patients.Angle Orthod. 2014; 84: 208-213
- Influence of reminder therapy for controlling bacterial plaque in patients undergoing orthodontic treatment: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Angle Orthod. 2018; 88: 483-493
- The Hawthorne Effect: a randomised, controlled trial.BMC Med Res Methodol. 2007; 7: 30
All authors have completed and submitted the ICMJE Form for Disclosure of Potential Conflicts of Interest, and none were reported.