Purchase one-time access:PDF Download and 24 Hours Online Access
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics
- A reassessment of force magnitude in orthodontics.Am J Orthod. 1985; 88: 252-260
- Optimum force magnitude for orthodontic tooth movement: a systematic literature review.Angle Orthod. 2003; 73: 86-92
- Optimum force magnitude for orthodontic tooth movement: a mathematic model.Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2004; 125: 71-77
- Rate of orthodontic tooth movement after changing the force magnitude: an experimental study in beagle dogs.Orthod Craniofac Res. 2010; 13: 238-245
- Strains in periodontal ligament and alveolar bone associated with orthodontic tooth movement analyzed by finite element.Orthod Craniofac Res. 2009; 12: 120-128
- Biomechanical finite-element investigation of the position of the centre of resistance of the upper incisors.Eur J Orthod. 2007; 29: 219-224
- Axes of resistance for tooth movement: does the center of resistance exist in 3-dimensional space?.Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2013; 143: 163-172
- Biomechanical validation of an artificial tooth-periodontal ligament-bone complex for in vitro orthodontic load measurement.Angle Orthod. 2013; 83: 410-417
- IL-1 gene polymorphisms, secretion in gingival crevicular fluid, and speed of human orthodontic tooth movement.Orthod Craniofac Res. 2009; 12: 129-140
- Tooth movement and cytokines in gingival crevicular fluid and whole blood in growing and adult subjects.Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2005; 128: 483-491
- Speed of tooth movement is related to stress and IL-1 gene polymorphisms.Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2006; 130: 698.e1-698.e9
- Human tooth movement in response to continuous stress of low magnitude.Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2000; 117: 175-183
Hentscher-Johnson JK. Quality and intensity of pain associated with continuously applied orthodontic stresses of relatively high and low magnitudes [MS Thesis, University of Missouri Kansas City School of Graduate Studies, Kansas City Missouri]. 2011.
- A modified gingival index for use in clinical trials.Clin Prev Dent. 1986; 8: 3-6
- Human interleukin-1 beta and interleukin-1 receptor antagonist secretion and velocity of tooth movement.Arch Oral Biol. 2001; 46: 185-189
- Biologic basis of orthodontics.Lea & Febiger, Philadelphia1971
All authors have completed and submitted the ICMJE Form for Disclosure of Potential Conflicts of Interest, and none were reported.
Funded in part by the American Association of Orthodontists Foundation .