Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics
- Frictional forces in fixed appliances.Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 1989; 96: 249-254
- Assessment of second-order clearances between orthodontic archwires and bracket slots via the critical contact angle for binding.Angle Orthod. 1999; 69: 71-80
- Influence of archwire and bracket dimensions on sliding mechanics: derivations and determinations of the critical contact angles for binding.Eur J Orthod. 1999; 21: 199-208
- A comparative study of frictional resistances between orthodontic bracket and arch wire.Am J Orthod. 1980; 78: 593-609
- Evaluation of friction between ceramic brackets and orthodontic wires of four alloys.Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 1990; 98: 499-506
- Influence of ceramic and stainless steel brackets on the notching of archwires during clinical treatment.Eur J Orthod. 2000; 22: 409-425
- Frictional coefficients of ion-implanted alumina against ion-implanted beta-titanium in the low load, low velocity, single pass regime.Dent Mater. 1992; 8: 167-172
- A comparison of the frictional characteristics of five initial alignment wires and stainless steel brackets at three bracket to wire angulations—an in vitro study.Br J Orthod. 1994; 21: 15-22
- Surface topography and frictional characteristics of ceramic brackets.Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 1994; 106: 76-87
- A study of frictional forces between orthodontic brackets and archwires.Br J Orthod. 1994; 21: 349-357
- The effect of artificial saliva on the frictional forces between orthodontic brackets and archwires.Br J Orthod. 1995; 22: 41-46
- The ex vivo effect of ligation technique on the static frictional resistance of stainless steel brackets and archwires.Br J Orthod. 1995; 22: 145-153
- Relative kinetic frictional forces between sintered stainless steel brackets and orthodontic wires.Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 1995; 107: 20-27
- Relative friction minimization in fixed orthodontic bracket appliances.Biomech. 1996; 29: 483-491
- Frictional resistance between orthodontic brackets and archwires in the buccal segments.Angle Orthod. 1996; 66: 215-222
- Evaluation of frictional resistance in esthetic brackets.Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 1997; 112: 138-144
- Friction between different wire-bracket configurations and materials.Semin Orthod. 1997; 3: 166-177
- A comparison of self-ligating and conventional orthodontic bracket systems.Br J Orthod. 1997; 24: 309-317
- Frictional forces related to self-ligating brackets.Eur J Orthod. 1998; 20: 283-291
- Friction in perspective.Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 1999; 115: 619-627
- Comparison of frictional resistance in titanium and stainless steel brackets.Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 1999; 116: 271-274
- Evaluation of friction during sliding tooth movement in various bracket-arch wire combinations.Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 1999; 116: 336-345
- The friction and wear patterns of orthodontic brackets and archwires in the dry state.Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2000; 118: 662-674
- Sliding mechanics of coated composite wires and the development of an engineering model for binding.Angle Orthod. 2000; 70: 34-47
- Influence of angulation on the resistance to sliding in fixed appliances.Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 1999; 115: 39-51
- On mechanical properties of square and rectangular stainless steel wires tested in torsion.Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 1997; 111: 310-320
- Evaluation of titanium brackets for orthodontic treatment: Part II-the active configuration.Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2000; 118: 675-684
- Frictional forces when rectangular guiding arches with varying edge bevel are employed.J Orofac Orthop. 1998; 59: 139-149
- On the variability of cross-sectional dimensions and torsional properties of rectangular nickel-titanium arch wires.Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 1998; 113: 546-557
- The effect of cross-sectional dimensional variations of square and rectangular chrome-cobalt archwires on torsion.Angle Orthod. 1998; 68: 239-248
- Torque transmission between square wire and bracket as a function of measurement, form and hardness parameters.J Orofac Orthop. 2000; 61: 258-265
*bAssistant Professor, Department of Orthodontics, College of Dentistry, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea.
**cAssistant Professor, Division of Craniofacial Sciences and Therapeutics, School of Dentistry, University of Southern California, Los Angeles.
*dProfessor Emeritus, Department of Orthodontics, College of Dentistry, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea.
**Reprint requests to: Seung-Hak Baek, DDS, MSD, PhD, Department of Orthodontics, College of Dentistry, Seoul National University, #28 Yeonkun-dong, Jongro-ku, Seoul, 110-749, South Korea; e-mail, [email protected] .
*0889-5406/2003/$30.00 + 0